Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sgt. Michael Quintero Honor Procession



Veteran's Day is about honoring our servicemen and women who defend our country, both living and dead.
I am so very blessed to have many veterans in my life. But this year, I cannot observe Veteran's Day without thinking about one soldier, in particular. In July, Staff Sergeant Michael Quintero succumbed to his battle with PTSD. 
I have only known Michael for a few years. I photographed his and Carla's wedding and photographed their family before he was deployed for a fifth and final time in 2013. Finally, I was asked to photograph his Honor Procession in July from Houston Hobby airport to Sealy.
But there's more to this story.
As moving as his funeral was, I was truly touched by the Texas Patriot Guard Riders, a group of veterans who volunteer to ride in honor of a fallen soldier. They and the Houston Police Department truly treated Michael like the hero he was.
So thank you to our veterans who served in defense of our liberties. And a special thank you to the Patriot Riders for your continued service to our fallen soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment