Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cradle of Independence

Yesterday was Texas Independence Day. It's a very special day for all Texans because it's the day Texas declared its independence from Mexico. I happen to live about 20 miles from the site at Washington-on-the-Brazos where the Declaration was made, and it's one of my absolute favorite spots in the world.

Yesterday, Kristi, the kids and I met my pal Clover Carroll and his kids out at Washington-on-the-Brazos to shoot some sunset shots at Independence Hall. We got some really good shots, I think, but this last shot of the night was my favorite.

I've been working on a series of posters featuring Texas landmarks, and this image was exactly what I was looking for for the series.

It was really powerful being in such an important place in Texas history 177 years to the day where the Declaration was signed.

I hate that I had to watermark this, but I'm planning on selling these posters at some point, so I hope you'll understand.

Happy Independence Day, Texans.



No comments:

Post a Comment